Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ok, today was ok. Mike really seems to be obsessed with searching for things, though. I don't know what he is looking for, because he just mumbles his answers, but he seems to always be looking for something. Today, it was his glasses. I didn't have a clue what he was looking for, and he said something about his driver's license, so I had him take his wallet out and I showed him that it was still in there. Then, about 20 minutes later, he comes in the living room, pointing at his face, showing me that he found his GLASSES.

I found a really cute house in Port Isabel. Right across the highway from my sister, so that is great. Now I just need to see what to do about it. lol. My sister said she would fly down from Dallas, with her husband, and help us move in. I thought that was so sweet! After reading about so many people's siblings not wanting to help out with the care-giving, I am just so darned thankful that I have the sisters that I have. They might get on my nerves from time to time, but they are there for me when I need them, without even being asked. I love my sisters. I am so lucky to have them.

I need to sell some things around here before I move. Mike's truck, for one, and the other vehicles that are just sitting there. Van, Crown Vic, older Ford truck, etc. I'm going to keep the motorcycle, though. That is the one thing that Mike insists on keeping, even if it is just parked in the backyard for him to look at. lol. As long as he can't find the key, I don't see the harm. I will just have to make sure I keep it hidden.

He also has MANY guns that will need to go. I will see if his friend will buy them for his pawn shop. He will give me a great deal, because we are friends and he knows the situation, and I know he won't cheat me. But the guns will definitely have to go. I will keep the ones that are special, like the first gun his dad ever bought, and the one Mike bought for our son, etc. I will just designate a closet to keep those in and put a lock on it, like we have here. I really hate to have to do this, but we definitely don't need all of those guns, I don't use them and he CAN'T, so.....

Anyway, today was a good day. We will go pick up his check tomorrow and go to Wal Mart, to get him out of the house. He hasn't worked all week, since we got back from Texas, except for a couple of hours on Tuesday, so I know he needs to get out. It won't be a long trip, as we spent WAY too much money in Texas, lol, but I have lots of stuff here, in the cabinets, so I really just need basic things like tea and milk and stuff. But it will get him out of the house, so that will be good.

Well, that's all for today.

1 comment:

Lori1955 said...

We went to Walmart today. I don't know of anyway to get out of that store without spending a lot of money. Good luck.